The internet is full of complex information and the average user has little time to grasp even a small part of it. The objective must therefore be to facilitate the absorption of information as much as possible. Instead of eliminating lead deserts, clear, well-prepared diagrams are helpful.
This article discusses two libraries that you can use to clearly visualize large data. While he is at HighCharts (Download) D3.js (download) is a free open source product licensed under the BSD license. HighCharts represents the genre of ordinary diagram libraries, while D3.js is more of an SVG rendering engine that gives developers a tool to create their own diagrams.
As an introduction to using HighCharts, use our instructions for creating a line chart before taking a short excursion into the world of finance and viewing price movements with a candlestick chart. Then we will present the work with D3.js based on small experiments before doing a linear diagram here as well.
- Access to all heise + content
- proprietary testing, advice and history: independent, well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, then € 12.95 per month
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start the month FREE
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read the articles right away
More information about heise +
Disclaimer: This article is generated from the feed and is not edited by our team.