Type: Contract (current contract – renewable every 12 months)
Salary: R950,000 – R1.3 mil per year (including fringe benefits – days off)
Sector of activity: Insurance and investments
Objective of the position
- Apply technical expertise by evaluating various models; use existing and future integration mechanisms to create a service-based environment and reduce current platform dependencies.
- BSc / MSc / BCom in IT or related field (or equivalent experience in the financial industry)
Skills and experience
Minimum of 5 years of IT experience in the following areas:
Build, maintain and refactor a frontend application built with a frontend framework such as Angular, ReactJS or VueJS.
- Build, maintain and refactor a NodeJS application.
- Integration with a database, management and optimization of database queries.
- Source code management using Git.
- Writing unit tests.
- Securing applications Knowledge of design models and coding best practices.
Responsibilities and result of the work:
- Creation and maintenance of front-end applications in Angular.
- Creation and maintenance of applications in NodeJS.
- Contribute collaboratively to discussions around the work to be carried out by the team, including effort estimation and technical feasibility.
- Systematic and analytical working method
- Results-oriented approach to work
- Working flexibility
- Responsibility and ownership of the work
- Ability to work under extreme pressure
- Good communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team
- Stay up to date with the latest technology
- Coach and mentor of team members
- Unit tests
- Front-end applications
- Design patterns
- Source control
Desired work experience:
- 5 to 10 years of software development
Desired qualification level:
About the employer: