The new watch features a new rectangular design, a Nordic Semi nRF52840 SoC that offers four times the RAM, twice the built-in and external flash, as well as an always-on, sunlight-readable screen with a plug-in socket. full touchscreen charge and improved bluetooth signal strength. .
Specifications of Bangle.js 2:
- MCU – Semi Nordic nRF52840 Cortex-M4 MCU @ 64MHz arm with Bluetooth LE, 256 KB of RAM, 1 MB of on-chip flash memory
- Storage room – 8 MB shine
- Display – 1.3-inch 176 × 176 3-bit color LCD always-on display (LPM013M126) with backlight, full touch screen
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE with support for advertising, central and peripheral modes
- GPS / Glonass receiver
- Heart rate monitor
- 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis magnetometer
- Air pressure / temperature sensor
- Miscellaneous – Vibration motor
- Debugging / Programming – Full SWD debugging port on the back of the watch
- Battery – 200 mAh battery for more than 2 weeks standby
- Dimensions – Watch body 43 x 36 x 12 mm, with standard 20 mm watch straps
- IP protection rating – IP67 – Waterproof to a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes
Some of the other firmware highlights include a graphics library with scalable fonts, bitmap rotation and scaling, Tensorflow Lite for microcontrollers, wear-level flash file system, heat-shrink compression and Support for VT100 terminal on LCD display. Bangle.js 2 was recently launched on Kickstarter and has already surpassed its goal of 8,192 GBP ($ 11,201 US) with more than $ 80,000 raised to date. Rewards start at $ 81 for a Bangle.js 2 smartwatch with a wristband, magnetic USB charging cord, and getting started instructions. Shipping adds 8 GBP to the UK and around $ 21 to the rest of the world. It’s way more than the PineTime watch, but the Bangle.js 2 has better specs, and most of the proceeds will be used to fund software development for the ESPruisno firmware. Deliveries are expected to start around mid-November.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 on a part-time basis, before stepping down as head of software engineering and starting writing daily news and reviews full-time later in 2011.
Support CNX software! Donate via Pay Pal Where crypto-currencies, become a patron on Patreon, or buy sample reviews